Is COVID messing up your plans for your wedding day?
Because of the coronavirus, so many couples aren’t able to have the bigger weddings they had planned, and honestly, it really sucks! We have couples in our own #FuentesFam that have had to reschedule, rework, and reimagine their wedding day the past few months. We feel for them! I know how stressed I was planning our wedding last year and if this happened to us, I know we would have been heartbroken too.
But we truly believe that opting to elope or have a smaller wedding during this time is such an amazing idea and something you definitely won’t regret!
We’ve shot all kinds of weddings – intimate weddings and bigger weddings. And intimate weddings & elopements are our jam! We love them so SO much!
We love how close and personal they are.
We love how unique they are.
We love how the day is completely about the couple and their love.
I think most of us have an idea of what an elopement is in our heads and we don’t realize that there are actually a million ways to have an elopement that is just as beautiful as a traditional wedding.
We’re here to SQUASH that idea.
Here are the actual FACTS about elopements:
- Just because you can’t have a big wedding does NOT mean your wedding day is going to be any less special and amazing.
- No, you don’t have to travel to Las Vegas chapel or go hiking in your dress to have a beautiful, exciting elopement.
- No, it doesn’t only have to be a 1-hour thing. You can celebrate all day just like you would at a bigger wedding.
- Also, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t buy your dream dress or hire your dream photographer because it’s not a “real” wedding.
They are 1000000% REAL and it will still be one of the best days of your life.
Our definition of a true elopement:
An elopement is a day that is 100% about the couples doing what they want to do in a very easy-going environment that feels very natural and not like a big production. The couple can decide whether that’s surrounded by a small group of their closest family and friends or just the two of them.
Close your eyes and think for a second of your absolute perfect day.
Where would you go?
What would you do?
Who would be there?
And most importantly….
What would you eat? 😋
Now turn THAT into your wedding day.
Seriously, guys! It’s as easy as that!
To show you how you can plan your own amazing elopement we put together an all-day timeline for an elopement in Puerto Rico (where Pete and I got engaged – que cute 😋).
San Juan, Puerto Rico All-Day Elopement Timeline:
- 9AM – Wake up in your beautiful Airbnb in the heart of Old San Juan. Head to the beach for some pina coladas, tostones, and some sun. Relax, listen to the ocean waves, and start your wedding day right!
- 2PM – Back to your Airbnb to get ready (separately – no peeking), get into your wedding outfits, and capture those gorgeous getting ready shots.
- 4PM – Do your first look in the colorful streets of Old San Juan.
- 5PM – Head to El Yunque National Forest. Take a short walk together to one of their beautiful waterfalls and exchange vows surrounded by the sites and sounds of the rainforest.
- 7PM – Back to the beach to go to one of San Juan’s romantic restaurants to eat delicious Puerto Rican food and toast to forever as the sun sets.
- 9PM – Finish the day off at a rooftop bar for lots of rum and dancing to celebrate!
*This is a great timeline if you want to invite your family and friends to join in on the celebration.
If you want to elope this year while travel is still restricted there are so many amazing ways to elope in your own hometown.
Don’t roll your eyes! We’ll help you see this too! We put together an all-day timeline for an elopement here in Miami.
Miami, Florida All-Day Elopement Timeline:
- 9AM – Wake up in your amazing hotel with the view of South Beach below you. Start the day with some mimosas and then head out on a chartered half-day boat ride to view Miami Beach from the ocean. Do some snorkeling or head to one of the sand bars to chill in the ocean soak up that Miami sun.
- 4PM – Back to your hotel to get ready together, get into your wedding outfits, and capture those gorgeous getting ready shots.
- 6PM – Head to Key Biscayne to Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park. Exchange vows in the sand in front of the gorgeous lighthouse as the sun sets around you.
- 7PM – Head Downtown to one of Miami’s famous 5-star restaurants to eat the most amazingly lavish food you will ever eat in your entire life.
- 10PM – Head to Wynwood to hit up all of their hipster bars. Dance and celebrate being officially married!
Have we opened your eyes up to elopements and intimate weddings a bit more? I hope so!
Because, at the end of the day, a wedding day is about 2 people coming together and vowing to spend the rest of their lives with each other. THAT is what’s important. THAT is what the day is about. You and your partner and your ridiculously huge love for one another.
If you have any questions about elopements or intimate weddings, we’d be happy to answer them! Our contact page below so you can reach out!